15 November 2004

Sal-vation


My sister saved me today.

I won't bore you with the details, but she saved me from a complete disaster then made me a coffee and told me it was all going to be fine. And it was fine. I was on the verge of fainting from stress - I seriously thought at one point that something was going to short out in my brain and I'd just collapse, lifeless, on the floor. She waited quietly and read her book while I ran around freaking out, then put me in the car and drove me to where I needed to be.

Sally is a goddess.

3 comments:

Tim Bailey said...

Holy crap -- does Sally do housecalls? Does her car float? If so, she's needed at my Mom's store pretty much all the time. Just drive NNW from Brisbane, and when the odometer reads +6780 or so, send up a flare -- the pilot boat will come out from Pier A and guide you in. From there drive along Wharf Street, park near the bridge, and head to the courtyard level of Market Square. It's a bookstore, so there's lots of books to read while my Mom runs around and freaks out. Coffee might not be a good idea for her -- some Ovaltine with a dash of Percodan, perhaps?

Tim Bailey said...

Whoops. That's NNE. NNW will put you in Indonesia somewhere. Shows why they never let me join the Sea Scouts. That and the fact I insisted on wearing water wings over the uniform.

Mrs Robot said...

She's my Sally, so bugger off and get your own. (Trust me, she's got her hands quite full living with me)

eXTReMe Tracker