19 November 2004

Cheeses!

"Currently on eBay you have the rare opportunity to place bids on a cheese sandwich said to bear the image of the Virgin Mary.

Owner Diana Duyser, 52, of Hollywood, Florida, insists that what looks like a face on the grilled sandwich she kept by her bedside for the past 10 years "is the Virgin Mary, Mother of God" and that the sacred snack is miraculously mould-free.

Goddes au gratin - deitylicious!

The auction house itself had initially described the snack sale as a joke and cancelled bids, which had reached $US22,000. But amid widespread media attention, eBay reversed its decision, allowing Ms Duyser's sandwich to go back on sale on Tuesday.

The listing has a picture of a sandwich bearing what appears to be the image of a woman's face and a message from Ms Duyser. "I made this sandwich 10 years ago. When I took a bite out of it, I saw a face looking up at me; it was Virgin Mary starring (sic) back at me. I was in total shock; I would like to point out there is no mould or (disintegration)," Ms Duyser said.

She said the sandwich, preserved in a plastic box, has brought her "blessings". "I have won $US70,000 dollars (total) on different occasions at the casino nearby my house; I can show the receipts (sic) to the high bidder," Ms Duyser said."

- from ABC News Online

2 comments:

Tim Bailey said...

I have to figure out a way to convert stupidity into money in this way. $22,000 USD would pay off my student loans!

Mrs Robot said...

Might I suggest you try your hand at writing a self-help book? Or take up crystal healing?

eXTReMe Tracker