This pretty much tells you all you need to know about my home town. I think someone needs a big hug.
- taken Torquay Road, Hervey Bay.
This pretty much tells you all you need to know about my home town. I think someone needs a big hug.
- taken Torquay Road, Hervey Bay.
10 comments:
Hmmm... you'd think being so close to the water would have a moderating effect on their attitude. Apparently,though, in your part of the world, it's relaxing to share the beach with aircraft and wrecked Phillipino trawlers. "Feel the sand (and aviation fuel, and teeth and carpal bones of drowned sailors) between your toes."
Ahem... when I'm trying to be uberdope clever, I should check the URLs to my sarcastic links...
The second link is supposed to be a reference to the banner image for Fraser Island Beach Houses.
Oh dear, the four and a half star quality shame of it all. I can't believe I've outed myself in this way.
Please note that the Fraser Island Beach Houses are your peice (sic) of Paradise.
Actually, they look pretty goddamn nice -- which means I'd never be able to afford a stay there. Then again, apparently having a peice of paradise involves bad haircuts and a lot of lounging around in alternate Rutarangawalloolaby Modern, Flintstone's Bedrock, and decaying beach salvage environs. I suppose I'd take that over hanging out at Clover Point here, where the most interesting part of the scenery is the raw sewage washing up on shore.
Hey, no-frills Clover Point - where waste water has been discharged via multi-port diffusers since the beginning of the Twentieth Century - looks pretty goddamn tempting!
Yeah, it's kind of disconcerting to see a family of tourists standing by the shore, gazing out at the water, and trying to identify the dark objects bobbing off shore:
"What do you think that is Bobby? A family of harbour seals sharing a salmon? A group of sea otters trying to crack open a clam? Wait -- they've floated a little closer, I think it's a... a... OH NO!"
...btw that's a very good new profile pic...
After reading all the info I've decided the only sensible option is to re-jig my Canada itinerary to include Clover Point, possibly to the exclusion of anything else. There's a strong argument for it being where I finally settle.
As for the pic, well, I showed a friend tonight, and she said that it doesn't look like me at all. Your face is broader, she said, I've never seen you wear that shirt, and your hair isn't usually all shaggy like that. (Well, that's because an uncoordinated turkey has cut it since then.) So she gave me another photo, which is - apparently - a better likeness. Because I'm, y'know, quite worried about it. At least now if you see me walking down the street from side on with my mouth hanging open looking over one shoulder you'll know it's me.
Thanks, though.
...actually, the new pic is sans spectacles, so I don't think I'll post it after all. ;)
I am not a particularly photogenic person, and so it was no small surprise when the one I'm using at present actually came out. I admit I was somewhat cynical about even trying, but I had nothing current and nobody else ever takes my picture. Digital cameras often lack depth of field, and so I usually come out looking like a pallid, gelatinous flatworm.
Anyhow, I like that pic, even if it doesn't look like you at all. And glasses aren't essential -- they have to come off eventually! :D
Post a Comment