Cow Skull
This skull is one of my favorite things to draw. It was a gift from a former beau; he found it while we were camping outside Maryborough, and presented it with a flourish. I was rather chuffed, but less so when scorpions started pouring out of it.
This is not remotely reason I started this blog, but until I extract the digit and get the folio website happening this will have to do.
2 comments:
Somehow, cows and scorpions don't go together in my mind. Clearly we live in, and near, radically different biomes. Could he perhaps have been trying to kill you? I know that none of my ex's would have been at all forgiving if I had handed them an object filled with scorpions -- although in a couple cases, it's a good thing nobody had made the suggestion to me at the time. I might have skipped the skull entirely and just flung the scorpions at them from a distance.
It's a good drawing -- very cracked and bleached, and a good subject for pencil or charcoal.
This was the only time I've ever seen scorpions, so, now that you mention it, perhaps it was no accident... It's all beoming clear now; he made many valiant attempts on my life using an breathtaking level of tedium as his weapon of choice. The relationship lasted three months -- two more than it would have had he not lived on a mango farm. :)
Post a Comment