15 February 2005

Danskelaff

How do you make a Dane laugh?
a) Slip over and break your arm
b) Hurt a small dog
c) Choke on a sausage

It's not that I think the Danes are hard and humourless... I'm sure it's just the weather.

4 comments:

Tim Bailey said...

I suspect it's their enduring, bitter shame and embarrassment over the Battle of Jutland. Or maybe there's just no laughter left now that Victor Borge is dead.

Mrs Robot said...

I wonder if it's not the astonishingly exorbitant 25% Goods and Services Tax.

A few prices here in Copenhagen:
one croissant (plain, in a bag from the bakery) DKr15/Canadian $3.25/Au$3.35.
One small white coffee from not-too-flash establishment: DKr20/Ca$4.30/Au$4.45
Ticket for 17 minute train ride on suburban railway: DKr55/Ca$11.85/Au$12.30.

...so perhaps the lack of humour is understandable, both the Danes' and my own.

Tim Bailey said...

Hmmm... 25% GST. Scary. That's pretty regressive.

miss wendy said...

jeez ewes too are just too educated to join in with- I know it's expensive because the ever helpful ms s has shown the australian prices!-but you know yesterday (because now that I've finished getting the 13 weeks of data down I have to write how to teach it!! HUH?.. just read it all like I did).. I was listening to ABC radio national - I loove radio national... and they said that Percy Grainger ( pianist and composer extroadinaire) was so coy about some of his exploits that although he wrote and kept for catalouging over 50,000 letters ( well something like that) he actually wrote some of them in Danish so's they'd be secret -bit cheeky isn't it.., (along with the 50 whips locked in a trunk and marked not to be opened until 10 years after his death..) Talk about afluent!- I could've done with one of them to assist my non-proflific inner writer... anyway tea cosy looks cute- but what happened to the little pink number you had planned to knit and take with you? and what is all that white stuff on the ground.. (actually I grew up in Canberra where it did snow in winter sometimes)love to u (& u & u & yer.. sound of music) xx )

eXTReMe Tracker