10 February 2005

Touchy feely take-off

London => Copenhagen

I was frisked while going through passport control at Stanstead airport today. A no-nonsense woman asked me to stand with my arms up at 45 degrees while she ran her hands firmly and thoroughly over my body. She wasn't rough at all and although she didn't make eye contact with me once throughout the operation it was the most intimate physical contact I've had in some time. I'd always expected to feel violated if searched but I walked out of the security area with a satisfied glow.

I guess you've got to take it where you can get it.

4 comments:

Tim Bailey said...

So, that's the sort of thing you go for, hey? :D Well, if you'd like I can call ahead to Canada Customs and tell them you're smuggling fruit leather into the country or something...

Mrs Robot said...

I'd appreciate it if you could; it gets lonely out on the road, you know. :D

miss wendy said...

just to keep the flag up for the Australians ( you know the one from the Eureka Stockade).. Who else is going to say it 'DOES 'SICK BASTARD' RING ANY BELLS HERE? ... although i would hae to admit i did get the one raised eyebrow and closed mouth smile goimg.. mmmmm you do have to get it where you can.. although we both know what and who that doesn't cover ... does the husband of friends bring back any thoughts....see that... more cute memories of brisvegas!! Any way back to THE DESK..

Mrs Robot said...

Ewww! Thanks for that, Miss Wendy! I'd managed to blot that blot from the blotter, and now, on the other side of the globe, I have that hideous memory dredged up. Curse on you! Get back to work!

eXTReMe Tracker