26 February 2005

You are here.

Well, I am, at any rate.

6 comments:

Tim Bailey said...

Ah, yes. Collingham. Quite, quite. I remember it well. I and my good college pal "Jodhpurs" Jameston-Smythe and I spent a bally wonderful time there in the summer of '40, what? It was a heady time, with all the Gosh-knows-what of those days. Soon after we returned to the back garden, poor Jodhpurs went down during a nasty tangle with the cabbage crates over the briny. If I ever return, I'll knock one for six, just for him, what?

Mrs Robot said...

Oh, no, no, no, Timothy! Collingham is more "Took cow out back o' shed an' gi' 'er coop a tea. Is good, is tha' " We're almost in Lincoln here, you know, where the word "the" ceases to exist. It's all cow shit and whippets and ferret strings round yer trouser legs.

Tim Bailey said...

I say, it must have been another one of those memory-mirages, caused by the dashed great knock I suffered when I had my final Tango with Jerry, what?

Aye, lass. I'm right familiar with 'at kind 'o talkin'. Mah family's all from 'at part 'it coontrah. Lancashire, that is. Mah grandfayther used 'ta seh ta' me, "lad I got a bit 'o good advace to gi' te' thee."

Etc. etc ad nauseum.

Mrs Robot said...

Yes, I was surprised you didn't pick up on this point, but I suspect it was misunderstanding for comic effect.

Tim Bailey said...

Anytime I misunderstand anything, it's for comic effect. Sometimes I don't realize it until later, when people are laughing at me.

Mrs Robot said...

We're laughing with you, Tim, whether you're laughing or not. Really.

eXTReMe Tracker