2 April 2005

Stop Scratching! You're Warming the Globe!

While I'm grateful that you've stopped using CFC-containing aerosol cans out of concern for the ozone layer, can I ask that you now attend to that dandruff problem no-one's been bold enough to mention until now? Because, frankly, it's getting rather warm in here.

Science reports that a recent investigation has revealed that dandruff and fur make up a significant portion of the cloud-forming dust found in the atmosphere, potentially affecting climate. The particulates in question are of a size which acts as a nucleus for ice particles, which then begin cloud formation. The study, carried out by researchers at the University of Mainz, found that up to 80% of atmospheric particulates are biological in origin. So it's not your car causing the mischief after all, it's your scant attention to hygiene.

This heralds the demise of Selsun Blue and the rise of Selsun Green.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that your blog is still on Aussie time and while my clock says it's 10:50 a.m. on Friday April 1, this post says April 2.

Unknown said...

Oh sure, leave it to you to make me look like a twit by fixing the timestamp *and* backdating your entries. Haha!

miss wendy said...

I'd just like to apologize on behalf of my own addition to this problem and just to show that Australians can apologize- as long as they have two brain cells and are not running the country - but then I guess the first qualifier makes the second obsolete!- ms W

Mrs Robot said...

No the apology is due from my quarter -- one has to view the news with a more critical eye on April 1. (And blog posts, for that matter, *hint* *hint*.)

Mrs Robot said...

Oh, and Cheryl, I just changed the timestamp as a passive/aggressive shot at you.

miss wendy said...

jeez looouise... where do you get off doing all these funny jokey things... i never saw that side of you in australia.. I can't keep up!

eXTReMe Tracker