Nunavut.
Nunavut, for those of you who require a little more information, a territory here in Canada which is the home country of the Inuit. And, as it transpires, they require English teachers.

The teaching position I've secured is a voluntary one, but comes with full board and a small allowance attached. Because it's actually in an established settlement, Kimmirut, there is electricity and a phone, and there is internet access, but it's a little patchy.

Kimmirut
I won't pretend that I'm not a bit anxious about this move, but, hey, at least it's a step in the right direction. The contract is for six months, which will throw my visa application into a much more favorable light. It looks like I'll be heading off in about a fortnight, so wish me luck!
Thanks to everyone for your support and suggestions during my moment of indecision.
- *sigh* This is a gag, folks, for April Fool's Day. I always love getting emails, but I've probably had enough enquiries about my Nunavut plans for now. I'm not going to Nunavut. Really. It's just a joke.
6 comments:
OMG! That's wild! I have often considered Nunavut, as there is much bureaucracy there and subsequently a plethora of government jobs.
Now the big question, is Tim going with you?
Yay!!!- Ms S streaks to the finish line- .. so lovley that you are going to do that- a 'win-win' solution (te hee- jargon.. don't ya love it)- Imagine that!, a First world country English teacher with a social conscience and a warm heart.. good job!.. I have seen some doco's on innuit's high use or alcohol.. and have met one innuit person in recovery from alcohol addiction. Imagine all those lovely words you know that you can hand on-
Bugger 'Wendy and Spot'... art, love, and paintings using the natural activity of cockcroaches, rich, rich .. lovely, lovely, lovely.. Ms W
OK, it's probably time I made the confession public: this is an April Fool's Day gag. No, I am not going to Nunavut. No, I am not an inspiration, I am not courageous... I'm just a smartarse.
I was going to say you could stay at my place, at least for a while.
Nunavut..Hmmm....
Thanks for the offer, whoever you are, but I'm not staying with a person with no name. ;)
Just repeating, this is an APRIL FOOL'S DAY GAG...I am NOT GOING TO NUNAVUT!! It's just a joke, OK? Really. Just harmless hijinks. Not to be taken seriously.
Post a Comment