25 April 2005

Diplomatic Duties

You may think that being an Australian abroad is a role free of responsibilities. Not so. Today I engaged in a spot of boomerang throwing ("Do you learn to throw boomerangs at school?" -- Harry, aged 11), declined to eat stuffing (un-Australian, sorry) and managed not to laugh in my mohair sweater as the locals complained of the stifling heat (I think it was about 20'C/68'F). It's ANZAC Day tomorrow. These acts are my duty.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It never gets hot enough in the UK to melt those "Stiff Upper Lips ! DOES NOT THE BOOMERANG RETURN ?

Mrs Robot said...

Is this THE Annabelle, the best damn bookshop proprietrix in all of BC? How fabulous to hear from you, my love!!

The boomerang intends returning, but simply asks your patience. :)

[big kiss]

Unknown said...

Oh, Suzette. You'll be lauging at me if this summer urges the thermometer above 25 deg. celcius around here! I am such a weather wimp; it's what made me feel most at home in Devon. Sigh.

miss wendy said...

Boomerangs as I understand it are actually hunting tools.. so if you notice it returning.. DUCK!

Mrs Robot said...

Cheryl: Well, me too, actually. It's one of the the factors that made Victoria so appealing, and why I headed into the dreaded Northern winter at the beginning of February... it's preferable to the dreaded Southern summer.

eXTReMe Tracker