I'm not sure that I can answer these conundrums with any measure of confidence, but apparently reading a couple of issues of Cosmos may change that state of affairs. Yes, Cosmos. Have you not heard of it? It's Australia's new popular science magazine -- in fact, Australia's only popular science magazine. Is it good? I can't answer that either, as it hasn't actually hit the newsstands yet, but that it's edited by former Quantum presenter and 21C editor Wilson da Silva is surely in its favour.
Cosmos will be a glossy title with high production values and a focus on top-quality writing, photography and illustrations - a feast for the brain and the eyes.
"Every issue of Cosmos will explore who we are and what we might become, our place in the world and our future on the planet," da Silva said.
"It's time consumers had a quality Australian science magazine that appeals to a broad range of people."
- Press Release, March 17Science journalism is strong and vibrant in this country on television, radio and online; to get a slice of the glossy paper variety join me in the newsagent bright and early on 22 June. Colour me 12 shades of excited!
2 comments:
There's nothing better than a good science monthly that approaches the subject with wonder and excitement. Cosmos looks pretty cool.
There isn't really, is there? I'm just itching to know about this space holiday -- how soon will I need to get my visa application in?
Post a Comment