31 May 2005

I've been back in Australia a month today.

Crap.

I'm still hovering between the feeling that I've just arrived home, and the draining, sucking drudge that I felt before I left -- that caused me to leave in the first place. How long does one allow one's head to get it together (as they say in the classics)? Does everyone return from a great journey completely incapable of fitting into their former lives?

I absolutely don't belong here anymore, if I ever did. Situations and people I managed to smile thinly at and tolerate before now bring outright hostility and frantic agitation. I suspect I'm either going to do something new and gobsmackingly brilliant or end up a news headline.

15 comments:

Tim Bailey said...

I suspect I'm either going to do something new and gobsmackingly brilliant or end up a news headline.

I suspect both. :D

We never, ever, know what's around the corner. My new maxim: Be ready, and keep moving.

Mrs Robot said...

Hmmm, rash and ill-considered is another likely option I didn't list. :) Thanks for thinking otherwise though.

And of course you're right about the corner. And the readiness. And the momentum. I'd add be brave to your little slogan there.

Tim Bailey said...

Ah yes. The bravery. Good point.

Be brave, be ready, and keep moving.

Much better.

Unknown said...

Damn, have you two been reading "Who Moved My Cheese?"

"Be ready and keep moving." It's all motivational mumbo jumbo! Hahahah! (This coming from someone facing HUGE change in her own life.)

Seriously Miss S; I also suspect you can make for a gobsmackingly brilliant headline.

Mrs Robot said...

Eh. You know the thing about blogs is that the shitty whining you'd normally only inflict on those around you is broadcast to the world. Perhaps dignifying it more than it's due. :D

You know -- well, I know, at least -- that it's these times of grinding discontent that make us reassess our lives and the way we live them and then push on, better equipped. So I'm kind of excited, really... just a little impatient, is all.

Thanks for the hand-holding (yet again!)

miss wendy said...

yeah way to go you guys... what a whiner... oops don't i mean winner.. win/win situation .. i mean.. oh shit....
now just get over it and just do it!.. posted by the GREATEST whiner of all time.. I have lots of freindless space to prove it.. I think whining is a greatly underrated coping mechanism .. I have done many very difficult things while whining like a baby... absailing over a cliff swearing like a trouper.. and saying "I'm not keen".. it really helps I think.... Oh my goodness, just under this text box is a message from the Gods... it says "choose and Identity" .. but luckily it doesn't say 'and stick with it"....

miss wendy said...

I jdon't know if finding the right place is a good idea 'cos all this agnst brings in a fair amount of attention and vying for your time and attention.. this porrige is too cold!.. look out the bears will come home ;-)

Mrs Robot said...

Wendy: Well of course it's bloody well about attention! D'uh! ;)

Mrs Robot said...

Wendy: I just got your "message from the Gods" quip -- that's pretty funny. It's nice that they give me a choice of three.

I'm currently trying to decide on a new surname, actually. It's harder than you might think. Sally suggested that "Tangent" might suit, and I'm kind of liking it.

Unknown said...

A new surname? Seriously? Hmmmm. That could be a dangerous game... though I think I might fling ideas at you via a less public forum. Heheheh.

Mrs Robot said...

Yeah, I'm quite serious. All suggestions welcome. Jones is in the top 5, too. (I like the anonymity of it.) Maybe I can have the final vote via blog poll? ;)

Tim Bailey said...

A new surname? :o Trying to confuse the authorities, are we?

Well, hmm... I always thought alliterative names, like superheroes have, were always good. Suzette Smith, Suzette Stratofortress, Suzette Semiconductivealloy --- that sort of thing.

Mrs Robot said...

Alliteration is always an agreeable aim. Nothing nicer, no?

Suzette Semiconductivealloy?
Hmmmm... I like!

Suzette Sandwich?
Suzette Salami-Smythe?
Suzette Singularity?
Suzette Slingshot?

...too many to choose from!

miss wendy said...

Ms S. Sugar, Ms S. Sweet, Ms S. Sour!, silky, slinky, So-So (if you'd like a hypenated form)- closely realted to the BIG So and So's.....Sogood, Silly-sausage, Slurpy, Summed-up, Sewn, Sodom, Sullen, Soporifc, String, Summer, S'gone, S'long, Speaks, S'pose, .. I am often called Wendy Woo, so I do think this thing has potential..Why don't you take pot luck and just 'fall' (carefully there don't slip) 'in love' - (that'd be true lurve) and then Marry .. and then.. you know.. Is this your secret way of attempting to flush out any likely internet proposals? and then sell the wedding over the net?

Mrs Robot said...

Ewwwww!! Cooties!! Sorry, comrade, this sister isn't ever likely to submit to the stamp of ownership that is some bloke's name. (So if said gent had a particularly cool handle I'd have one hell of a dilemma.)

The alliterative tag of the day for this little black duck would have to be "Snot", or perhaps "Sniffle"; if it were otherwise I would have issued an invite this morning to sip tea in this glorious weather. Alas, alas.

I think I may be getting close to settling on a couple of finalists in the name comp, so the focus testing will commence soon.

eXTReMe Tracker