One of the things keeping me out of the online world has been some computer issues. Stupid issues caused by my own actions and kept that way due to a lack of time to concentrate on fixing them. In a nutshell, my desktop machine has been out of action for months and I've been making do with a laptop only slightly more powerful than a cornflakes box. I've been able to browse (slowly) but nothing more, so I guess that I hadn't been completely cut off has lessened the motivation to get the Big Box up and running again.
I'm pleased to announce, with no little fanfare, that over the past few days I have actually sat down and done it, albeit with some prodding and help from Little Sister and Lofty. So I'm now parked in front of the big machine... which I had forgotten has a very sticky space bar, hence the eccentric spacing. If I could just hook up the laptop to use as a keyboard I'd be smiling.
I'm pleased to announce, with no little fanfare, that over the past few days I have actually sat down and done it, albeit with some prodding and help from Little Sister and Lofty. So I'm now parked in front of the big machine... which I had forgotten has a very sticky space bar, hence the eccentric spacing. If I could just hook up the laptop to use as a keyboard I'd be smiling.
The sanity-saving tunnel. This thing stops us clawing at each other when we're stuck inside on rainy days. So, to celebrate the return of the desktop (and therefore access to Photoshop), and a recently acquired new camera, a few photos. And hopefully a wee film, if I can get the Youtube embedding to work.
Of course, most of my busyness comes from the kiddies. They're in fine fettle now after several weeks of illness. It involved colds, persistent ear infections, and a double dose of the Yellow Peril. They're walking and talking; it's all good.
And I've returned to work, which is good and bad. Good because I get to leave the house twice a week and use my adult brain, bad because I have to leave the house and use my adult brain. I've been surprised by what a wrench it is to prise myself away on a work day.
Aside from that, a new sewing machine has kept me productive, as have the old knitting needles. A show-and-tell of the past few months' craft projects will follow in due course.
ETA: Lara, an email will follow shortly, I promise.



1 comment:
Those are some seriously cute kids you have there!
Don't hurry on the email, it will only take me ages to respond anyway - will look forward to it when you get time :)
Post a Comment