26 September 2008

Here's Mr Squiggle

You find the most amazing things at the National Archive. Here's the copyright application for Mr Squiggle. And, elsewhere, the theme song, for those wishing to sing along one more time:



...and a bit of Blackboard, for the truly nostalgic:



(No idea what the French bit at the end is about, though.)

While we're on the nostaligic theme, does anyone else remember this show?


I have the haziest memories of Vision On. I've thought about it from time to time, but haven't come across anyone else who remembers it. The video brought it back loud and clear, though. And a note to younger readers: it's not a technical issue, television used to look like this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really loved the Vision On clip - but I seem to have no recollection of it. Pity.

Tim Bailey said...

I remember Vision On. It was played occasionally during the daytime on the US Public Broadcasting Nework, for which we had pretty clear reception. I remember it mainly for the title theme, and the owl they made out of the title.

Mr. Squiggle was from the moon, hey? We didn't have any moon-men here in Canada, but we had a Friendly Giant -- who I think at one point probably could have run for PM he had such goodwill amongst the Gen-X'ers left over from their childhood. I would have voted for him.

Mrs Robot said...

He was indeed from the moon. He hasn't been on our screens for some time now, as he was picked up by authorities on his last visit and is now awaiting his visa application hearing in an immigration detention centre.

eXTReMe Tracker