24 March 2006

Whither you, Wati?

What the hell is Wati doing? She's wandering all over the place, indecisive and aimless. Quite unlike her brother Larry.



They say she's heading south, but who knows where she'll end up?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The the more I browse the Bureau of Meteorology site, the more intriguing things I find. As well as radar images which show you exactly when you should be getting the washing in, there are looped satellite images (particularly good for cyclone watching) and an archive of static ones of significant events. The Cyclone Inigo shot is well worth a look, as well as the pictures of the bushfires that swept through Canberra and many other places in 2003.

There's even an educational module which explains weather concepts, interpreting weather maps and forecasts, how forecasts are made and so on. And have you ever wondered what a grazier's alert is? You can either find the answer here, or email them the question and receive the informative and courteous reply that I did when I asked.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes. Have you battened down all appropriate hatches?

Mrs Robot said...

Nah, it's not affecting us very much here. There's a coastal weather warning here today, but nothing drastic:

A severe weather warning has been issued for coastal areas.

Scattered squally showers, becoming more isolated during the day.

Fresh SE winds, strong near the coast.

Dangerous surf conditions.


It's clear skies this morning with a bit of a breeze. It's Little Sister's birthday today, so I'll be cooking all day rather than swimming in the surf, anyway.

eXTReMe Tracker