24 December 2008

Festivas

Last year's tree. This year it's up high, out of reach of little hands .
In fact, it's mounted on the wall.

Happy Festivas, dear reader. Hope it's a good day for you and yours.

We're keeping it pretty low key this year. Instead of a great haul of presents all at once, we've been giving the kids one present to open each night for the past few days, so that they get the hang of opening them, and so that they're not overwhelmed by them all in the morning. And it's been a good way to go, I think.

And the day itself it also pretty quiet. We have no extended family event to go to. Lofty's sister's lot are devout Catholics, so spend pretty much the whole day at church, and his brother lives interstate and so is unavailable. My lot are otherwise engaged, too, so we're going it solo. Hooking up with a friend in the afternoon for a bit of lazy snacking is about as energetic as it's going to get. Lucky us, and I say that with no sarcasm whatsoever. We do, however, have an obligation to be at a family do on Boxing Day.

Now that I'm a parent I feel that I should have a bit of enthusiasm for the whole shebang, but frankly I'll be grateful when it's all over and we can hit the road for our annual sojourn at Belli. I have vowed, though, to hit the post-Christmas sales to stock up on decorations for next year, and put in a big effort. It's good to suck up the chance to be slack about the whole thing while the kids are too young to know any better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a nice mellow celebration -- I love that you've mounted the tree to the wall, though. Need to see a photo of that. :)

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Mrs Robot said...

Regarding the wall-mounted tree: the tree has clip in branches, so I only clipped them in on one side. Result: flat-sided tree. I can't say it's ideal aesthetically, but it's extremely practical.

And regarding the photo, I still haven't set up my desktop computer, so don't have photo capacity at the moment. Not in any practical sense, anyhow. When I do get it set up, brace yourself for several weeks of photo posting!

eXTReMe Tracker