The 6th of this month marked four years since I started Suburban Safari. During that time I've recorded the lead up to my overseas trip, the travels themselves, the aftermath of my return, the coming together with Lofty, the growth of the belly, the death of my mother, the birth of the twins, the death of Josie, many house moves, several reunions with old friends, the birth of several friends' babies, a couple of weddings... so much. When I first began I was bitching about John Howard (John who?) getting elected again. I've written about the deaths of John Hinde, Big Kev, James Brown. I've met Tim and Cheryl and Mike through this thing, and several others through them.
I had no ambitions forthis blog when I began other than a way of communicating while I was away; I'm so glad I can browse back through these last four years at my leisure. It's been quite a ride.
28 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary!
I started blogging around the same time, and I know what you mean about having a record of life. I only wish I had started a little bit earlier so I also had a record of the craziness of my wedding - and maybe even meeting Mark.
Anyway, I hope that in years to come, Inigo enjoys reading about his first months - and I hope he isn't freaked out by it!
Post a Comment