17 July 2005

A Hunk, A Hunk-a Burnin'....

....pancake batter.

Are you lonesome tonight? Well dry your tears, because the wonder that is eBay is offering a domestic disaster in the image of the Tupelo demigod himself. To make a play for this culinary companion, just head over to my most-haunted section of eBay, Totally Bizarre Collectables.



Elvis Sighted (in frying pan)

A cooking accident while making pancakes has revealed the image of Elvis in the burnt bottom of the pan caused by pancake mix. Would suit Elvis collectors and makes a great conversation piece. Frying pan is old and in average condition being a 'Chief' # 244 4 egg frying pan with a imprint of an American Indian head wearing head gear. Be the first on your block to own this unusual item. NO RESERVE !!!!! .

At the time of writing this item was -- inexplicably -- sitting at $5, but with 4 days yet to go we'll undoubtedly be looking a five figures minimum.

Who doesn't love this stuff?

(On the other hand, that this one
one is being bid on really does beggar belief...)

*Bidding on the Presley pan closed at $8.50. Someone out there got a bloody bargain.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. That's so much better than all those Jesus-toasts out there.

Mrs Robot said...

It's so obviously staged, though, wouldn't you say? When I first saw it, Little Sister and I were all keen to start a range of deity-fare, but given that this only brought in $8.50... well, let's just say things aren't that desperate. Yet.

Did you follow the other link? It's even better.

miss wendy said...

Hello- I notice you've ditched andering at large- or is it gone?- I didn't save it and can only get there through here so so can you let me know where it is? Glad the course went ok ( in reference to text message) ;-)

Mrs Robot said...

Well, it seems that Pauline herself has ditched WaL! If you're in the mood to give her a prod about it, you can find the abandoned wreck here.

Mr Matt alerted me to the fact that Dan's blog exists yesterday; I went there and spend ages composing a thoughtful and encouraging comment, only to find when I tried to submit it that it's only team members who are allowed to comment. So you are obviously on Team Dan, miss wendy! (Hmph, Dan, if you're reading -- you miss out on my witticism about confusion over which horse was Our Lord and Saviour. :P)

The course is going well, for the most part. I don't actually feel a day away from being a qualified teacher -- and, in reality, I'm not -- but still. One more day and I'm out on my own. Guess it's time to get over the distaste for public speaking, huh?

Mrs Robot said...

Oh, I forgot to mention; the first real-life training session I'm giving is on.... blogging. 'Tis sad but true. :)

miss wendy said...

bugger.. the perils of pauline.. i miss it. dan could possibly have benifited from your training 'cos i betcha he doesn't know he's done that.. lurve eva tru

Mrs Robot said...

Yeah, I miss WaL, too. Miss P is very busy with her Masters, so I suppose some forgiveness is to be extended.

You're the second one to suggest that Dan is unaware of the commenting status his blog has. :) (I have no way of asking him.)

miss wendy said...

I am also on the Banned list... phew at least I'm in good company

Mrs Robot said...

But you've left comments there before... he must have changed it in the meantime. [Hi Dan, if you're reading this.:)]

miss wendy said...

this image looked nothing like anything initially but the more times i click on and see it
the more it looks like Elvis..
uh oh!,
and my concern is that it will eventually look like my best friend and i'll pay lots of money to get it into my own home..
my predisposition to bond with the unavailable is only bettered by my ...
well actually it's not betterd by anything.

Mrs Robot said...

Did you check out the other item I linked to in the second-last line? Truly... unusual.

eXTReMe Tracker