I just can't keep the camera tucked away around this river; it just coaxes and whispers until I pay it all the attention it deserves. Saturday night, Goodwill Bridge, watching the ferries pass underneath us.
25 July 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Hi Suzette,
Excellent photos :)
:D
Thanks Mike. They kind of took themselves. (Cameras are just amazing these days, aren't they?)
As we walked across the bridge the ferries sliced the reflections in increasingly interesting ways, so I couldn't help but stop and snap away. The kids by this time were getting mightily pissed off, because we were on our way to see fireworks, and I was impinging on their time in which to nag for ice cream.
They look like they are sponsored by Crayola! I mean that in a good way, of course. :)
The rhythmic scribbliness is what caught my eye, too. Honestly, I couldn't stop clicking -- it was all very appealling. Have I mentioned how much I love the river?
I neglected to mention that all this was followed by an evening in the botanic gardens, watching the Lord Mayor's Gala Concert, which was excellent in parts. Stars of the show were Strike, a percussion group from New Zealand. So fabulous. I mean, really, really, "oh my god, I think I have to buy a set of drums tomorrow" exciting. Buy a handful of tickets if they ever come to town.
We were also treated to a bit of classical music porn: the William Tell Overture and the 1812. Yes, these old tarts have been around the block, but when they're paraded around by a tight and snappy brass orchestra, all sins are forgiven. It really was something.
Post a Comment