...stitchin' safari!
As part of my current quest for even the remotest sense of direction in my life, I asked Little Sister what qualities she thought were my strongest, what I'm good at. "Organising" said she. "Not that you're that organised yourself, of course, but you're good at organising other people; y'know, making systems, giving directions." It's true. I am a maker of lists, a sorter of things. I like things to be simple, to run smoothly. I like all the pencils to be in colour order, as, indeed, I once so had my library arranged. I am every Virgo cliché. And so I am attempting to bring the blog into line with this modus operandi*.
Stitchin' safari is the new addition to the Safari family, and is a place for me to share with those of you who share my inclination to spending hours frowning at string and sticks, and those who just like to watch. And it'll include other make-and-do snippets as well. I'd like to think that it'll be a little Isabella-Beeton-meets-Zandra-Rhodes-at-Reverse-Garbage-type haven. Happily for those of you who find such things tedious and faintly embarrassing, it's remarkably convenient to avoid this section whilst yet still getting the regular giddy thrill you've come to clamor for here at Suburban Safari. I really am spoiling you, aren't I?
Another one or two blogs/sections will follow, but I've not decided on the categorisation yet. Perhaps one for finished articles (as I used to do many months ago when my imagination was still intact) and one for smaller nibblets of commentary. Something like that. Suggestions very welcome.
*Should this be operandus, being singular?
18 June 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Operandum.
Holy crap! You're blonde! :D
operandum. Of course. How dum of me.
Ha! Yes I am! :D
Isn't that just your usual halo?
So...? Thoughts on breaking up the blog?
Good?
Bad?
Other (please specify)?
You've got to pull your damn weight here, you know.
Some of us have more troubel carrying our own weight than others!! I dont' rully mind - probably good to put it somewhere for the knitters to go but then you know it's interesting things that you knit- it's not like having discussions regarding whether to use purl or plain ..are you knitting me some earrings?
Hey Ms S.. do you know if there is a site for australian jargon.. do you know where the term kangaroo court came form .. it means not quite kosher doesn't it? like a less than ideal situation...
But do you really want to organise others? What's wrong with writing a book? I'll come to the launch and sip champagne....
I say again. Textiles is not a secret shame.
For Wendy - http://www.anu.edu.au/andc/pubs/ozwords.php - you should find Kangaroo Court here or at least lots of other distracting things.
FO: I'd like to write a book and organise others. :D
I don't feel any shame on the textiles front -- quite the opposite -- I just felt that I was wanting to put a whole lot of different things on the blog that didn't quite belong together, a big mish-mash. I'd just like to compartmentalise it, put all the string in one box and paperclips in the other. Anality is a lifestyle choice. I like the idea of separate blogs for different parts of my life.
Post a Comment