19 January 2005

Danke Schoen, Wayne.

I turned in piously early last night, but was kept awake by Wayne Newton calling...

Woooork! Work! Work! Work! Cavort! Cavort! Cavort! Cavort! Cavort! Cavort! Cavort!!

Woooork! Work! Work! Work! Cavort! Cavort! Cavort! Cavort! Cavort! Cavort! Cavort!!

...into the downpipe outside my window. Or it could have been a frog.

Was Wayne trying to tell me that I must get all my chores done before I play? Or was the gem of Newtonian logic that all my current toil will lead to a great deal of fun, and not to lose heart? Whichever it was, he kept it up for an hour or more, so it must have been important. It's nice to know he's looking out for me.


2 comments:

Tim Bailey said...

Wow. Wayne Newton lives outside your window, and croons into your drainpipe, hey? Sheesh, Australia has all the best washed-up lounge acts that creep around houses at night. All we get is Anne Murray on our roofs, whistling Snowbird down the kitchen vents.

Mrs Robot said...

Oh yeah, didn't you know? I stepped on a Bert Kaempfert the other night as I was taking out the rubbish - in bare feet, too...eewwww!

eXTReMe Tracker