15 November 2009

Brandenburg Gate


I was fossicking through my photos looking for a particular photo I wanted to post when I found this. I think I'm standing pretty much where the wall ran, not that I was especially conscious of that at the time.

I look ecstatic, don't you think? It was a beautiful clear day, but lordy it was cold! I would say that it was the coldest I've ever been, but in fact just a week before I'd been colder in the Danish town of Roskilde, where my friend and I began losing the physical ability to speak or walk due to the low temperature, not to mention the capacity for rational thought. Maybe it wasn't that bad on a world scale, but for my sub-tropical body it was almost too much.

Berlin was lovely.

1 comment:

thwap said...

Ah yes! The cold.

It gets cold here where i live. Sometimes down to -40 something Celsius with the "wind-chill."

I don't like the cold very much. I can function pretty well in the heat.

eXTReMe Tracker