18 November 2008

Dateline:Natural Disaster Zone

I've only got about 30 seconds at the State Library to make this post, so I'll keep to the essentials. Yes, we're in The Gap, which has been declared a disaster zone. We're fine. All around is absolute chaos, we haven't had power since Sunday, we need to boil tap water prior to use, and so on. It's one of the stranger house moves I've done. However, the house is intact, and we're incredibly lucky. All around us are houses missing roofs and/or with trees through them.

The mobile phone towers are out and our phones are out of charge, so if you've tried to call, thanks. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

I'm looking forward to a hot shower.

xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness. Every house on the news looked a bit like yours. Visions of you all huddled in the smallest room while your possessions blew away to the hills.

thwap said...

Wow. Happy to hear you're all right though.

eXTReMe Tracker