I got a parcel in the post today, which is always nice. This one was a gift from myself. I bought some prints from the very excellent Kate Banazi. I've been ogling Kate's work for some time, but was prompted to flex the plastic this time because she's generously donating all proceeds from her sale store to the Red Cross Bushfire appeal. I love the prints I unrolled today, and she even threw in another artist's proof as a bit of a bonus. What a gal.
Readers outside of Australia will not have much of a clue how big this bushfire thing is*. It's a very big deal. And I don't want to detract from that when I say this: if you are of a mind to donate some money please consider splitting it and giving half to the flood appeal. While the bottom bit is burning, the pointy bit is seeping and gushing and rotting. People are doing it tough up there, too; it must be galling to have become second-rate news.
*ABC coverage of bushfires. Note that I am avoiding this news as it's too distressing. You can make your own choice, but you've been warned.
ETA: Sorry, perhaps that should read "she even threw in another Artist's Proof". I don't mean a proof from another artist, but an "artist's proof". You know, a trial run before you start printing the edition. She just sent me an extra print, OK?
16 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment