20 February 2008

Suburban Surfin'

Are you addicted to Google Earth yet? Of course you are.

To help you along with your filthy habit, a few sites:

Google Sightseeing
I'm quite enjoying this site. I can't imagine how long it would have taken me to find the Tellytubbies' house on my own, for example. Or the Austrian town of Fucking.

I haven't had quite so much of a look at the following two, but they look quite worthwhile just the same.
Google LatLong - news and notes by the Google Earth team
Google Earth Blog - All about Google Earth: news, features, tips, satellite photos, and applications.

While we're on a geographic theme, a list of amusing place names from Wikipedia. A few faves:
Cunt, Turkey
Foulness, Essex, UK
Fresh Kills, NY, USA
Gland, France
Head of Grassy, Kentucky, USA
Howlong, NSW, Australia
Indented Head, Vic, Australia
Moron, Switzerland
Penis, Uruguay

.....a-a-a-a-and so on and so forth.

It's remarkable, you know: I barely get any time to myself at all these days, and yet I spent some of it on that.

Other sites I've visited of late that I can recommend are the Victoria and Albert Museum, utterly superb for anyone of a creative bent, and Literally, a Web Log, for anyone of a pedantic one. Happy surfing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot Intercourse, Pennsylvania...

Mrs Robot said...

Intercourse is a classic, for sure, but I could see a bit of a theme developing in my selection... and not one that did me any credit. So I decided to cut it short.

eXTReMe Tracker