Some time ago I got moderately excited, then moderately disappointed in Chilli Tim Tams. I was sure at the time that there were other chilli chocolate products out there, and recently some advertising on the local bus stop showed me that this is the case. Lindt, who haven't seen fit to make an Australian website, have slipped a chilli version of their dark chocolate on to the market. And it's pretty good. Not sensational, but considerably better than the Tim Tam version. I'm quite the fan of the earthy nearly-black Lindt products, and the after-buzz of the chilli doesn't detract from it at all. And that's all the heat you get in this product: not a taste so much as a tingling after the chocolate has melted away. I could get used to it.
Greg Mankyfoot was visiting us this week, and reckons that Green and Black's make a chilli chocolate that is even better still. I can believe it. Theirs is the best of the dark stuff I've tasted, so I'm keen to have a go. In the interests of you, the loyal reader, I'll see that I track it down and review it post haste.
21 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment