I received an email petition in my inbox this morning from a daylight savings enthusiast -- you know who you are. Not that I'm trying to imply that I have any influence on these matters; the email was trying to encourage me to put my name to the decades-long campaign to institute the time shift into Queensland.
For the uninitiated, Queensland, unlike the rest of the Eastern seaboard, doesn't have daylight saving, a fact that is often used as further evidence that we are mouth-breathing, inbred and otherwise faintly embarrassing.
Let me state categorically: daylight saving is stupid in a place like this. I'll spell it out for you. It's hot here in summer. The sun is what makes it hot. When the sun goes down, the land cools down. Then civilised people come to life and head out to take advantage of the lively summer night activity. With daylight saving it stays hotter for an hour later in to the evening. It's quite simple.
I hope that clears it up.
6 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment