The weather -- or the temperature, more correctly -- has changed very quickly over the past few days, and is indeed having an impact on daily life. For most of summer so far we've been sitting waiting for the heat to hit; that wait is over. This morning at 10.30am it hit 33°C, after an overnight low of 25°C. 25 sounds quite mild, but at 4.30am it's stinking bloody hot. Still, we've had it incredibly easy so far this year, so it seems ungrateful to bitch now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other atmospheric events, McNaught's comet is giving our skies a bit of glamour at the moment. Or so I hear. For the past week there has been cloud cover in the South West, the area in which the comet is sitting. I'm really, really hoping that the sky clears before the comet disappears.
McNaught Comet photogallery from Spaceweather.com
2 comments:
View from the country was fantastic even with just the naked eye. Amazing.
You've seen it! Wow! Paint me a deep shade of green-with-envy! The light pollution seems to be just too heavy to view from anywhere within the city, so on the few nights we've been cloud-free I've still been frustrated. I'm really pleased you got to have a peek!
Post a Comment