Well, after wasting many days farting about with Dreamweaver, and a supposedly easy online web builder, I've given in and gone Blogger. The Dreamweaver site was real pretty, mind you, but the logistics of maintaining it on the road, sans my own computer, would have been ridiculous. So now I have one less excuse to not do my work. Ce la vie. (There's always eBay.)
We're coming up to election time now, and to my very great shame have not followed it very closely at all this time around. My one concession to the political junky I once was is that I've been checking the odds on Centrebet on a regular basis. A couple of weeks ago they had the Coalition at $1.40 to win, and Labor $2.60. Checking in today it's now Coalition $1.20 and Labor $4.00! Good grief, what's going on? Apparently, Centrebet have been fairly accurate in predicting the outcomes of past elections, so it looks like we're in for another four years of the lying midget. Why? Why?
Ah, Centrebet, how I've grown to love you. I'm not actually a punter myself, but by golly, it's interesting looking at what's available to enliven the pulse of the fiscally adventurous. Take the Nobel Peace Prize, for example. Bono is, apparently, more likely to take it out than Tony Blair, and only the churlish amongst us would fail to see the sport in laying a dollar down on Fidel Castro, with odds of 1001:1. Same odds, incidently, as Slobodan Milosevic, and twice those of Willie Nelson (huh?) at 501:1. And I'd always scuttled past the TAB, thinking it was for dull old brylcreemed men named Reg. Goes to show.
6 October 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment