Lord love a duck, it's hammering down here!
As I passed through the CBD on my way to work today I noted the phenomenon of the Alpha Umbrella. Men of a certain type carry very large umbrellas. Very large umbrellas that impinge upon other people's space and stab about willy-nilly near their eyes. The carriers of the Alpha umbrella seem completely oblivious to the discomfort they cause -- obviously, or they wouldn't carry such large umbrellas in congested spaces. I can only guess that these are the same men who perform the Alpha Male Leg Spread, whereby they take up as much space as possible by essentially performing the splits while sitting on, say, a seat on public transport.
Let it be known that I respect a man who has the confidence to carry a modestly-proportioned brolly.

2 comments:
She lives!
I've been wondering how you were doing, every time I get rained on ;)
If you're tall enough it might not injure other people and keep more of you dry.
But real (albeit short) men like me aren't afraid of a little water!
Post a Comment