~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. The first one is well-known to many, but perhaps not to all who read here. I'm pregnant. With twins. Their due date is a source of contention, but all seem to be agreed that it's late April or early May.
2. In 2001 I won the Garden Gnome painting competition during Canberra's spring festival, Floriade. So I am a prize-winning artist. I won a book on Frida Kahlo and tickets to see an exhibition of her work that was showing at the National Gallery at the time. It was a good prize.
3. My first real job after leaving home was as a best boy. A best boy means leading workshop hand and trainee, in a hot glass studio in this case. The traineeship came to a halt when the blower's arch enemy was promoted within the college and locked our studio. Permanently. I took away with me a greater understanding of petty politics, an enhanced love of very, very hot things, and a fondness for Santana.
4. I've had one genuine act of chivalry done in my cause: a boy on my school bus spit in another boy's face (OK, in his mouth) as punishment for a vile infraction upon my character. I was nearly sick, but deeply moved. The cad in this story was a scurvy dog, to be sure, and he deserved every last thick drop of it. I'm sure one reader will know who my deranged hero was if I say "P.Q.".
5. I've always wanted to learn tap dancing. Maybe it's the outfits.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK, time to tag. I nominate Fatuous One, Tim, and Cheryl. I'm not going to tell them, just to see if they're still reading. I would have tagged Chris, but, at a guess, she'd never get around to doing it.
6 comments:
Quite the colourful character!!
Gnome painting, hot, mother of twins who incites heroes to action. :)
I am still reading! (And "Congrats" again, btw) But, I am SWAMPED with craft-prep right now... so it may be a while before I attack the meme. I will keep it on the back burner though.
I check this space all the time, actually. Now I have to post something to my own worthless blog. Well, perhaps this just goes to show ...something, or other -- I can't tell.
Now, to try to think of five interesting things about me that I haven't already bored everyone to death with. Hmmm...
Yeah, I know you both still read here(the tracker tells me so). I was just baiting. Successfully, as it happens.
And Tim, they don't have to be "interesting" things, as I've so clearly demonstrated, so don't sweat it. Although I think fathering Ernie is pretty damned interesting, so there's one out of five ticked off the list.
You know... I have been thinking about this... and I cannot think of anything that might possibly be left to share with the world that isn't in my 100 things about me list. So.... um... OHMYGODWHATONEARTH? -- Home free!
Hi - sorry I'm late... been busy with stuff. It's that time of year. I'll have to think....
Post a Comment